.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, August 21, 2011

How Did I Miss This ?

Wow, I feel as if I missed on the boat on the whole Canadian Tar Sands project/assault on the environment. I remember reading an article a couple of years ago about the deforestation of the boreal forests but I had no idea this bullshit has been growing since the late 60's, one mine after another.
I began looking for a timeline for the Keystone XL project and found the horrible truth in Wikipedia.The best parallel here in the US is the way coal companies have been allowed to destroy mountain ranges and shit on the landscape with slurry ponds all the while destroying the water table. Apparently this bitumen is also in Venezuela and here in the US. Oy...

It is difficult to grasp the amoral mindset that pursues the dirtiest oil on the planet and sacrifices a pristine territory, the best carbon scrubbers and clean water.
Once upon a time I got the impression Canada was a better steward than we here in the US but this crap is inexcusable. Put this right up there with asbestos mines and blatant exports that ignore the health risks. Call me stupid but I don't get it.

Tar Sands Oil Extraction- The Dirty Truth


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?