Monday, April 07, 2008
What Is Wrong With The American Public?
Is this the same mind numbing support people had for Bush?
The election process is already so skewered by the limitations of two parties how can any rational person declare themselves a "republican" and just vote the ticket?
McCain deserves respect for military service but that is it.
I think he comes off like a patronizing old fool when he opens every speech with "My Friends". He ain't my friend.
He co-sponsored a bill for campaign finance reform and yet he is in violation right now and the media doesn't even cover it.
He claims to have foreign policy experience but he doesn't even know the players on the world stage nor the intricate details of their culture and again the media doesn't call him on any of his doubletalk. WTF!
This kind of stupidity is a reflection of more of the same Bushshit.
Do you dumbass McCain supporters really want more of the same shit-for-brains leadership like we have with Bush?
10 things you should know about (but probably don't):
- John McCain voted against establishing a national holiday in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now he says his position has "evolved," yet he's continued to oppose key civil rights laws.1
- According to Bloomberg News, McCain is more hawkish than Bush on Iraq, Russia and China. Conservative columnist Pat Buchanan says McCain "will make Cheney look like Gandhi."2
- His reputation is built on his opposition to torture, but McCain voted against a bill to ban waterboarding, and then applauded President Bush for vetoing that ban.3
- McCain opposes a woman's right to choose. He said, "I do not support Roe versus Wade. It should be overturned."4
- The Children's Defense Fund rated McCain as the worst senator in Congress for children. He voted against the children's health care bill last year, then defended Bush's veto of the bill.5
- He's one of the richest people in a Senate filled with millionaires. The Associated Press reports he and his wife own at least eight homes! Yet McCain says the solution to the housing crisis is for people facing foreclosure to get a "second job" and skip their vacations.6
- Many of McCain's fellow Republican senators say he's too reckless to be commander in chief. One Republican senator said: "The thought of his being president sends a cold chill down my spine. He's erratic. He's hotheaded. He loses his temper and he worries me."7
- McCain talks a lot about taking on special interests, but his campaign manager and top advisers are actually lobbyists. The government watchdog group Public Citizen says McCain has 59 lobbyists raising money for his campaign, more than any of the other presidential candidates.8
- McCain has sought closer ties to the extreme religious right in recent years. The pastor McCain calls his "spiritual guide," Rod Parsley, believes America's founding mission is to destroy Islam, which he calls a "false religion." McCain sought the political support of right-wing preacher John Hagee, who believes Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment for gay rights and called the Catholic Church "the Antichrist" and a "false cult."9
- He positions himself as pro-environment, but he scored a 0—yes, zero—from the League of Conservation Voters last year.10
John McCain is not who the Washington press corps make him out to be. Please help get the word out—forward this email to your personal network.
follow the link for references..
UPDATE and another link.. McCain has a temper and dirty mouth..